Wednesday, March 17, 2010







This is a Travel Journal that I made a while back. It's Pink with a small picture of a map that I decoupaged on the front, and two buttons, that are Pink and Purple. On the back, it is painted light blue with a painted sun and clouds, and another decoupage of the map. Inside, it is green and yellow, with vintage Japanese stamps and a little heart that says, "Earth."


Here's how I made mine:

1. I found a spiral bound composition book while thrifting and decided to use it.

2. I got out the paints I wanted, and painted over the cover. I ignored the little golden sticker on the front that had the company name.

3. When the paint dried, I used Mod Podge to paste the map, letter stickers, and earth magnet to decorate.


4. The next day after over-night drying, I painted the left inside flap green and found those cute little Japanese stamps, and I thought, "Since it's a travel journal, I could use these."

5. Over-night drying once again! Then I painted the right inside flap yellow, pasted the stamps, and the heart with the earth magnet on it.

6. And finally, the next day, I painted the back light blue and put clouds, a sun, and decoupaged more of the map, and I had a finished journal!


2 comments:

Danielle said...

You are so creative!

Chickenbells said...

Wonderful and beautiful journal Roz! I can't wait to see all the journeys you're going to take to fill it up...traveling is SO fun!